Do you count a jelly doughnut as one of your kid’s daily fruit food group servings?
Does eating healthy consistently seem like a worthy, but unattainable goal?
This can be solved! I’m officially on the case!
About 10 years ago, after years of poor eating habits, good nutrition became one of my passions. However, I still have trouble staying on track in the midst of my busy, often unpredictable, life. I got to thinking, I can’t be alone!
So, this Friday, February 5th, I am launching a six-week Challenge -- Mission Family Nutrition!
Join me in unraveling the mystery of eliminating bad habits and feeding your family healthy meals and snacks that they will actually eat. Gasp.
This won’t happen overnight. And probably not in six weeks. But it’s a start. If you stick with it beyond the Challenge, you will slowly transform your family’s eating habits. It can be done!
Consider how much you’re benefitting your children when you train them to eat right:
- By leading the way, you’re setting an example that will benefit them for years to come.
- You’re teaching your kids discipline. Discipline in one area often carries over into other areas, as well.
- Good eating helps them be more productive and helps enable them to be all God created them to be!
But we don’t need an expert to get started on the case! Here’s how it’s going to work:
- Mission Family Nutrition is from February 5 through March 12.
- Work on eliminating one bad food habit or incorporating one good food habit into our family’s diets each week. Or, one week, maybe you want to focus on trying a new healthy recipe. You can get creative with your goals. The idea is to adopt small changes to your family’s eating habits. If you try to change everything at once, you’ll encounter too much resistance and get discouraged. Slow and steady wins the race.
- Every Friday, starting February 5th, post your week’s goal on your blog and give us an update on your progress from the previous week’s goal. By all means, share your success stories and recipes! We can learn so much from each other! Please copy the code to my cute little button to go with it, so others can join us on the case! Then come here and leave the link to your nutrition post via Mister Linky.
- Try to visit as many of the other blogs left on Mister Linky as you can. It’s a great way to find new blogging friends and we can also support and encourage each other.
Alright, are you ready to track down better habits? Here’s what you do:
- Leave me a comment below!
- Tell your other blogging friends about Mission Family Nutrition.
Use my handy “Tweet This” button below!
- Post your first nutrition goal on your blog on February 5 along with my button or a link to this post.
- Come here and leave your post’s link on Mister Linky.
- Follow the plans outlined above throughout the Challenge.
No one likes to eat alone, so join me! Together, we’ll crack the case.