You are witty, talented and fascinating. Anyone would be lucky to be the recipient of your tantalizing combination of brilliance and boldness.
So how do you let the Twitter world know how amazing you are?
Your Twitter bio is a great way to let people know about your personality and interests. I know that when someone follows me on Twitter, the first thing I do is look at their bio to see if I want to follow them back. If they don't have a bio at all or if it's a boring one-liner, I usually don't bother.
So make every word count.
Here are a few some tips:
1.) Think about your purpose. Why are you twittering? Is it to drive traffic to your blog? Connect with other moms? Promote your business?
2.) Use key words. Based on your purpose, think of a few key words. For example, "Mom," "Writer" or "Artist." Think about what words a Twitter user would put in the Search field to find you. Then build the rest of your bio around those words.
3.) Be memorable. Don't be fake. Be yourself, but find a clever or humorous way to describe your uniqueness.
4.) Be sure to include the link to your blog or website.
According to Hubspot Blog, users with a bio have over 8 times more followers and users with a link have over 7.5 times as many as users without.
Okay, now on to Tweet Me Tuesday...
• Tweet this post! Then visit Kristen at Hands, House, Heart Full. She is my wonderful co-host in this Blog Hop!
• Link up a post you’d like Tweeted using Linky Tools below. It can either be your most recent post or an older, favorite post you'd like to share with a new audience.
• Follow me and Kristen on Twitter! (if you’re not already)
• Visit the links below and Tweet as many posts as you'd like (linked below).
• Follow as many of these bloggers as you’d like on Twitter. (You can follow their blogs, too.)
• When you Tweet a blogger’s post, leave a comment telling them you tweeted it as part of Tweet Me Tuesday.
If you tweet at us/about us/for Tweet Me Tuesday please use the hashtag #TMT. It makes it easier for us to find your tweets! Not sure about hashtags? See Kristen's post.
Finally, please remember that Tweet Me Tuesday is about Linky Love! Please don't just leave you link and fly off! Visit as many of the others listed as you can. The more you interact with others, the more benefit to everyone.
Alright -- get to tweeting!