Have you ever been on someone's "list"?
You know, like when you've offended someone somehow.
Or, remember when you tried out for a school play or sports team and waited anxiously to find out if your name made "the list"?
Making "the list" can be a good thing or a bad thing.
In Twitter, being on a list and putting others on your list is, as Martha Stewart would say, "a good thing."
Twitter Lists allow you to group or organize users you follow together into lists that have some kind of common interest or association. When you view that list, you quickly and easily get a "snapshot" of what those users are saying. You can also include people on the list that you are not following and their tweets will not appear in your main stream.
You can create public lists, that others can view and follow, as well as your own private lists. Others can follow public lists, without actually following each individual member on the list. For example, one of the lists I follow is @Thetamom/tmcmembers. I am a member of the ThetaMom Community of bloggers. I don't follow each member individually, but by following their list I can "check in" with these other mom bloggers and interact.
How to create a list:
1. Click "New List" on the Twitter sidebar. (Under the "Lists" heading).
2. Type in the name of your List. You can choose whether to make it public or private.
3. You can then add users in on your Profile page, users you locate using "Find People," as well as users from your other lists or the lists of other Twitter users.
How to follow a list:
If you want to follow someone's list, simply click on the list (located on their Twitter sidebar) and then click "Follow" as you would for any individual user. That list will then appear in your Twitter sidebar and you can click on it anytime you want to "check in" with that group of users.
That's certainly not everything to be known about lists, but hopefully it gives you an overview. As a fairly new Twitter user, I find information like this to be very helpful!
Before we Tweet, just wanted to invite you to enter my giveaway for a Philosophy "Going Coconuts" Shower & Bath set! Giveaway ends May 10th.
Now on to our Tweet Me Tuesday blog hop!
• Tweet this post! Then visit Kristen at Hands, House, Heart Full. She is my co-host in this Blog Hop!
• Link up a post you’d like Tweeted using Linky Tools below. It can either be your most recent post or an older, favorite post you'd like to share with a new audience.
• Follow me and Kristen on Twitter! (if you’re not already)
• Visit the links below and Tweet as many posts as you'd like (linked below).
• Follow as many of these bloggers as you’d like on Twitter. (You can follow their blogs, too.)
• When you Tweet a blogger’s post, leave a comment telling them you tweeted it as part of Tweet Me Tuesday.
If you tweet at us/about us/for Tweet Me Tuesday please use the hashtag #TMT. It makes it easier for us to find your tweets! Not sure about hashtags? See Kristen's post from a couple weeks ago.
Finally, please remember that Tweet Me Tuesday is about Linky Love! Please don't just leave you link and fly off! Visit as many of the others listed as you can. The more you interact with others, the more benefit to everyone.
Alright -- get to tweeting!