Want others to tweet your posts? Of course, you do! So why not make it easy for them?
That's exactly why I added the TweetMeme widget to my posts. It's that little gray and green box in the right-hand corner of each post.
In order to tweet one of my posts, a reader -- who is blown away by my sparkling wit and wisdom -- simply has to click the little green "retweet" box. The first time you do, it will ask you to register with TweetMeme.
After that, each time you click "retweet" on anyone's blog, it will pop up with a tweet that includes the blog and post name. Plus, it automatically shortens and adds the post URL. No cutting and pasting and visiting http://tinyurl.com/ or http://bit.ly.com/! It does the work for you! You can then edit your tweet to say what you'd like. Push the blue "Tweet" button underneath and Voila! You're done!
Don't you think readers would be more likely to tweet your posts if you made it this easy for them?
I had Berries and Cream Blog Design add mine when they did some other blog maintenance for me recently, but you can do it yourself, even if you're not very "techie."
Here are some links to guide you through it:
For Blogger users: http://bit.ly/dDce7B
For Wordpress users: http://bit.ly/aRX9BP
Okay, now on to Tweet Me Tuesday...
• Tweet this post! Then visit Kristen at Hands, House, Heart Full. She is my wonderful co-host in this Blog Hop!
• Link up a post you’d like Tweeted using Linky Tools below. It can either be your most recent post or an older, favorite post you'd like to share with a new audience.
• Follow me and Kristen on Twitter! (if you’re not already)
• Visit the links below and Tweet as many posts as you'd like (linked below).
• Follow as many of these bloggers as you’d like on Twitter. (You can follow their blogs, too.)
• When you Tweet a blogger’s post, leave a comment telling them you tweeted it as part of Tweet Me Tuesday.
If you tweet at us/about us/for Tweet Me Tuesday please use the hashtag #TMT. It makes it easier for us to find your tweets! Not sure about hashtags? See Kristen's post.
Finally, please remember that Tweet Me Tuesday is about Linky Love! Please don't just leave you link and fly off! Visit as many of the others listed as you can. The more you interact with others, the more benefit to everyone.
Alright -- get to tweeting!